Friday, November 9, 2007

Incontinent FPR

Yesterday, while changing the clutch master cylinder in my convertible, I noticed a bit of wetness around the fuel pressure regulator (FPR)'s bracket.
As I looked closer, I saw the top of its dashpot was also wet, so I decided to pull its vacuum hose to take a better look.
This does not look good. There should not be fuel in the nipple the vacuum hose coming from the intake manifold attaches to. It seems the diaphragm inside the dashpot is cracked. So, I will have to get another one. Now, I have at home a 3.0bar one in perfect condition, off a normally aspirated 900 (i.e. the 92 900s I mentioned before). For now, I will try it out and see if that solves the problem. Hopefully the .5bar increase (the turbo is 2.5bar) will not annoy the LH 2.2 ECU too much...
Of course, the fact the vacuum hose (which is actually a fuel hose; perhaps the previous owner had a lot of this kind of hose laying around...) is also cracked does make things a bit interesting...
Since today I will be bleeding the clutch system, I might as well put the 3bar FPR and see what happens...

No comments: