Saturday, October 27, 2007

BOV (CBV) me - II

Well, today I replaced the BOV (ok, CBV but who cares?). I was surprised how quickly I was able to take it out. I mean, in less than 10 minutes I was removing from the car the hose the CBV was connected to; that is a huge improvement from the last time I did this. So, maybe getting to the clutch will not be as bad as I originally thought. I guess that having taken them out in recent history, so they were not stuck to each other, also helped a lot. And in no time I had most of the hoses, specially those that go from and to the intercooler, out,
And then got the hose that goes from the air flow meter to the turbo inlet,
Until I finally got the hose with the CBV out to a more easily manageable position.
Here is a closer view of the old CBV:The clamps that hold the BOV to the hoses are some plastic weird clamps. I really really do not like them because they are not very fun to take out. But, take them out I did and swapped in the new BOV: Putting everything back together was not hard to do nor worth mentioning, so I shall not mention it. Only thing to be careful is to make sure the vacuum hose that controls the BOV does not get crushed as the other hoses are put back in place.

No comments: