Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quickies

Today I did a few quick things. First I installed the airfilter, finally. Until today I was rather concerned about sucking something into the turbo even though the car has been sitting in a paved car park ad never went above 2000 RPM during my tests. I ended up buying a K&N airfilter off ebay, which arrived yesterday. And then I bought the clean and refill kit they sell for their filters. While I was there, it felt like a good idea to clean out the airfilter housing.
It also felt like a great idea to fill up the break/clutch fluid reservoir. I was going to bleed the clutch but it did not look very inviting unless I took the air hoses in front of the engine. But at least I did fill it up. Interestingly enough the CEL went out. I cannot say if the events were related though.
Before I started the engine I also wanted to satisfy my curiosity and measure the resistance in this coolant temperature sensor:As you can see, the multimeter is setup to Ohms. For some reason I would expect the reading to be a bit higher than that. I guess I need to check that further.

No comments: